Thursday, June 19, 2008

Fourth week of June Holiday

This week, I had a very packed schedule. On Monday, I came back from Perth to Singapore. By the time I reached, it is already very late and when I reached home, it is already midnight. I had a very tiring day; However, I went to bed at a very late time. On Tuesday, I went to the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority, in short, the ICA building to register for my identity card. However, I was quite lucky as when I was there, there are not many people that are registering their identity card. Previously, I was worried because whenever I go to the ICA building to register for my passport, the place is always very packed with people. Often, I have to wait for a very long time for my turn to come.

On Wednesday, I went back to school to return my report book to my form teacher. After that, I went out with one of my friend. We went to Toa Payoh to shop and maybe buy some things? But in the end, we did not buy anything as there was nothing that suits. However, I still had a fun time with her as we had not been going out for a very long time. On Thursday, I went back to school for our Chinese project. The Chinese project was entitled “DV Campus”. We had to film what our school is doing on Ideas Day. Basically, I have learnt more about Ideas Day as well, and I feel that through this “DV Campus” I have benefited as I now know what Ideas Day is all about and the good thing is that we can convey to others what is Ideas Day. Maybe this is what we always say: “one stone kill two birds”, as through a single project like “DV Campus” we can not only learn what Ideas Day is all about but also using different perspectives to look into a single event such as Ideas Day. Why do I say using different perspectives? It is because when we are interviewing both students and teachers, both have different views on Ideas Day. This helps us understand how both students and teachers feel when come to such events. However, Ideas Day is also a day whereby parents are also invited to share their thoughts and their concerns, which is a good way to interact as when both parties interacts and understand more, students can better understand their education.

Lastly, on Friday, I will be going back to school for my NPCC training and completing my mathematics project. Hopefully, I can finish it tomorrow! What a tiring but beneficial week!

(441 Words)

No comments: