Friday, March 21, 2008

My career choice

What career I want to pursue? A teacher, a veterinarian, accountant, police officer or doctor? Choosing a job is not that easy, but if we have a dream, it will be much easier. It is because if we have a dream to pursue, we will have a direction to work towards and an aim to achieve.

As for what I want to be, I would like to be a private wealth advisor. In order to qualify for this job, I will have to be well presented with excellent communication skills, high levels of self-motivation and be confident and have initiative. A good team player and an excellent social networker, strong analytical skills, strong interest with experience in financial and wealth management. I will need to have a very good social and professional network of high net worth individuals. The career prospects of this job will include being a client manager who manages the different clients, and subsequently picking up hands-on experience to be promoted to a product, sales or portfolio manager who is responsible for a specific area. Lastly, protection or financial planners will be of a higher rank.

I want to be a private wealth advisor because I would like to help those people that are keen of investments. I would like to give them consultations and advices with their investments. I want to advise them on how to spend their money as well. On the other hand, I would also like to help those people that have high income to gain more money. I would like to help them because of the society which is very competitive and money in this case will help out a lot. Thus, the reason that I choose to do this job is to help those people in need of large sums of money.

(301 words)

No comments: